Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Fastboot off, did not work.

Bios upgrade , no solution.

Reinstall clean Os, did not work.

Cleaning screen with fine-cloth like sugestion of HP ( ??!)  , did not work.

return to reseller - worked  after repair.

HP Recommended

Spectre x360 i7; Win 10.

Same issue here. It's my second Spectre with the same problem (ghost touches in the upper left corner). 

I think that it's a software problem, because ghost touches don't wake up a screen when I turn it off. I can wake it up with a real touch: https://plus.google.com/110511948474761200088/posts/YBejnj8f3T4

I hope HP will address this issue in some way...

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. 

Here's something interesting.  When the ghost touches commence, I can end them be unplugging the AC power adaptor.  when I plug back in, they eventually resume. 

Has anyone looked into possible power fluctuations or interference with the touch screen function by the power adaptor?

HP Recommended

Update from my side: since I have disabled fast startup in Windows (http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-turn-on-or-off-fast-startup-in-windows-10-3633021/) , I haven't noticed ghost touches.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have the same problem. I have the feeling (but not sure) that it happens more frequently after hibernation of the PC (SpectreX360). 

Thanks for any help

HP Recommended

Hi @Mdec,

Welcome to the HP forums!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I bought a refurbished (like-new condition) x360 (skylake i7, 16/512, ash silver 13-4116dx) and it had problems: no auto-rotation, no audio, problems left and right. HP tech tried everything and then concluded it needed to get sent in. I just returned it within the return period to the seller.

So that 1st unit was returned. Now my 2nd unit has the ghosting problem like crazy. I have read through this post and no solution works. Disabling the fast start-up didn't work either. The machine gets "possessed" and I have to press the power button to shut it down, then re-start.

Really bummed because I LOVE this laptop's aesthetics, feel, and overall performance. So sad it has issues. If ANYONE has helpful input, please post. Thanks.

HP Recommended
Only workable solution is to completely disable the touchscreen in the device manager. Or return for replacement.

There is one thing that can lower the freequency of occurance. Go into power options -> advanced. Change what happens when I close the lid or press the power button from sleep to hibernate.

Sleep mode is problematic because it stresses the hardware, and if you are like me and just close the laptop and throw it in the bag, having it hibernate first is way better to releive stress on the weak hardware.

Also, get a can of air and blow any dust out of the side vent by shooting air in the bottom vent and the side vent.

You'd think HP would provide a driver which could detect and ignore any impossibly rapid screen touches. The touchscreen hardware is defective when stressed with non perfect conditions. There is an obvious driver software solution, but HP would rather let their customers suffer. Sad! <sorry I couldn't resist>
HP Recommended

disabling the touch screen "disables" one important reason for getting this 2n1. so that isnt an option. but i get what you're saying --- there is  no fix for it.

i did just change from sleep to hibernate for the power button or closing lid, but under the system ---> power&sleep, you cant change the "screen" or "sleep" option (on battery power, when plugged in). i wish i could change sleep to hibernate at that point. so after say 20 mins, it will sleep and not hibernate, i cant change that setting at all. it's fixed and not adjustable.

today my x360 is doing something else in addition: flashing screen. almost like it is refreshing on it's on, very fast flash and it is annoying. happens about every 10 mins.

this 2nd refurb unit has to go back...come on HP, you can do better than this.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Even i am facing the same problem. I am frustrated now as everyday this problem occurs and everyday i have to contact hp customer support for the solution. Please help me to fix this problem.

Below are the some steps performed by hp customer support.

1.) Updated the Bios

2.) Re-installed the touch drivers

Even after performing above steps, i am facing this problem everyday.

Regards,

Sumit

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.