Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am finding the HP Prime User Guide to be quite a difficult document to follow when you need step by step instructions, or it is difficult to find certain instructions, maybe because of terminology, etc.

I have made up and tried out till they worked, some Custom Apps *based on the Solve App, in the Hp Prime Emulator on my PC.

However, I now attach the HP Prime calculator to the computer and open the HP Prime Connectivity program, which sees the Emulator and the Apps I made, etc....but I can't see how to transer my Apps to the Prime - it won't even copy and paste....?

Where are the specific instructions for doing this transfer?

Any help would be appreciated....

Cheers

FG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Never mind the above message!

Success! I tried the Send without the Connectivity program loaded...and the Apps transferred in seconds....

Phew, thought i was going to have to do it all from scratch on the actual calculator.....

So far so good.

I had backed up the Emulator just in case....and it even transferred to another computer, so I could try the USB ports on that one.....but still got the error message until I closed down the Connectivity program.

Cheers

FG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Plug the calculator in to the computer. In the calculator menu on the emulator under the "Connect To" option, click the calculator. Go to the application catalog. Select your application. Click the SEND menu button.

Same for sending a note, or a program, or the whole calculator...

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

<

Plug the calculator in to the computer. In the calculator menu on the emulator under the "Connect To" option, click the calculator. Go to the application catalog. Select your application. Click the SEND menu button.

Same for sending a note, or a program, or the whole calculator...

>

Hi Tim,

Thank you for this.

However, after following the above, I get this message:

AppSend Error.png

I have tried different ports on the computer, but I still get the same message.

The Calculator is seen on the Emulator and on the Connectivity program when I connect, and not seen if I disconnect, etc.

Again, am I missing something? Another setting perhaps?

Cheers

FG

HP Recommended
Never mind the above message!

Success! I tried the Send without the Connectivity program loaded...and the Apps transferred in seconds....

Phew, thought i was going to have to do it all from scratch on the actual calculator.....

So far so good.

I had backed up the Emulator just in case....and it even transferred to another computer, so I could try the USB ports on that one.....but still got the error message until I closed down the Connectivity program.

Cheers

FG
HP Recommended

One thing I did notice when I checked out the SEND tab in the User Guide was this.....

"You use one of the supplied USB cables to send objects from one HP Prime to another.
This is the micro-A–micro B USB cable. Note that the connectors on the ends of the USB cable are slightly
different. The micro-A connector has a rectangular end and the micro-B connector has a trapezoidal end. To
share objects with another HP Prime, the micro-A connector must be inserted into the USB port on the
sending calculator, with the micro-B connector inserted into the USB port on the receiving calculator..."

Mu unit only came with the one cable, which looks like the Micro-B connector (which seems to be the most common connector). Does this mean i will have to purchase a special cable with a Micro-A connector - and i presume standard USB 2.0 at the other end....?

Cheers,

FG

HP Recommended

Hi!, Flash_Gordon:

Please, check my other banned, user log in (HP-MACH/Miguel Angel Caporalini), from ... /t5/Calculators/Connectivity-kit-HP-PRIME/m-p/6268027/highlight/true#M14024

Kind Regards !.
Have a nice day !.
@Maké (Technical Advisor Premium - HP Program Top Contributor).
Provost in HP Spanish Public Forum ... https://h30467.www3.hp.com/
HP Recommended
Thank you Maké.

Cheers
FG
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.