Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
FB359UA#ABA
WebOS / Palm OS

I have a perfectly good touchpad, that has been abandoned by HP.. and the WebOS is virtually useless.. Now the options of changing out the software,  my choice would be to go with Android.. matches everything else that I have thats portable.  So, I download the program which of course is a zip..  and its title is toolbox and it helps convert the touchpad from webos to Android.. 

So, we get the program downloaded, and we attempt to open the program with its link,  golly molly webos apparently sensing it was headed out the back door,  decided we are not going to even open the download..  we are going to throw an error message at this ole woman...   Error unable to open mime....    now, I construe this means, it can't open a zip? 

or is it this 2013 version of webos is learning how to be complicated..  Have any suggestions?  

Is it possible to connect the tablet to my pc and go through my pc to  add the program? 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If memory serves you do have to unzip the files on a PC and the Touchpad has to be connected to the PC..  At the time I did this (5 or 6 years ago?) there were a couple of websites that documented the process in pretty good detail.  This site may have been the one used:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/install-android-ice-cream-sandwich-hp-touchpad-minutes/

Not sure if the links in it are still live but the steps look familiar.  Alternatively- Try a Google search using something like "Android conversion on HP Touchpad" and see what you come up with.  There is a robust community of helpful folks that have been doing this for a while and are glad to share their expertise. 

Good Luck

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.