Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-ee0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Power options are missing, however I can't seem to enable them through the registry editor. I've taken the following steps:

1. Search and open Registry Editor
  2. Find and expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Control > Power (Double click Power)
  3. Set the CsEnabled parameter to 0 hex (Double-click the word CsEnabled and set the Value data as 0 in the pop-up)
  4. Click OK
  5. Restart your computer
  6. Create a new power plan in Control Panel or edit your Balanced power plan
  7. Select Chance advanced power settings

However, I am stuck on step 3 because after navigating to the Power folder, I do not have CsEnabled parameter. I've tried using Ctrl + F to search for CsEnabled but wasn't able to find it. Trying to unlock additional settings for my power plans, thanks for any help!

image.png

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@KihyunPark

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

May I know which power settings are you trying to change?

Would it be possible to send a picture of the settings issues?

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

These are the power options that are currently unlocked.

image.png

However I'd like to unlock:

image.png

these additional options, in particular the Processor power management, to reduce the heat generated by my laptop. 

I have also tried registry editing each option to enable them, but that also failed. As well as trying to unlock additional power plans via command prompt using "powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61" and etc.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

@KihyunPark the power option missing or not working error could also be caused by corrupt or missing system files. To rule out that possibility, you could run the SFC command (System File Checker) to repair the problematic system files and retrieve the power options. Below is how:

1. Press Win + X to select Command Prompt (Admin).

2. Type sfc /scannow and then hit Enter. (Make sure to put a space between “sfc” and the slash.)

3. Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes after the sfc /scannow command completes and then hit Enter.

4. Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.

Windows-10-power-options-missing.png

5. Reboot your computer and check if that works.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed all the steps, but that didn't seem to unlock additional power plans nor settings.

sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth commands seemed to work, but powercfg –restoredefaultschemes didn't return anything in the command prompt. 

image.png

After doing everything, my current power plan still looks like this:

image.png

I also want to mention that I received my laptop on 8/25, so this is a fairly new device.

HP Recommended

@KihyunPark Could you check if you are in Windows 10 S mode? If yes, that could be an issue as there are certain restrictions with the S mode, and would you like to exit?

Let me know.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

image.png

I'm not sure, I don't believe I am

HP Recommended

@KihyunPark

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.