Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Stream 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Could some one help.

I have just updated windows 10  on hp stream and it says a problem when starting up.

It will not let me reset pc ro I've files..

Error message says there was a problem while resetting pc .

What can I do if I refomat it how can I get windows back ob

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to reinstall W10 as follows. 

During the installation process, you may want to delete all partitions on the hard drive, leaving just one large partition to install W10 on.  That will leave you with more free space for future updates, etc.

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, if your PC is not working.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

Select Download tool now, and select Run.

If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.

On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.

Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

Select which media you want to use:

USB flash drive. Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted.

Then you can reinstall the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

HP Recommended

Hi

There is no partition . I can reset it keep on say there a problem can not reset 

HP Recommended

What I mean is you need to create W10 installation media, boot from it, when you go to install windows, there will be a screen that asks where do you want to install windows.

There will be a list of partitions.  You delete all of them, leaving one large partition and install windows.

This is the screen I am referring to where you delete the partitions.

https://i0.wp.com/45.33.117.7/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/12.jpg?resize=1060%2C596

HP Recommended

Hi

How can create media tool on my usb stick

When checking space it say not enough in c .

But my usb is in e port how can I change it from c to e port so I can download windows 10 former a different pc

Thanjs

HP Recommended

You'll have to create the installation media on a PC where you have enough free space on the hard drive where you don't get that error.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.