cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
aeastburn
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Which stylus is compatible with my HP Pavilion x360 m3 convertible

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 m3 convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP x360 m3 convertible laptop and I am wanting to find a stylus that is compatible. I have searched through previous forums on this issue and no tagged webpages exist anymore, as well as this isn't a top popular laptop that there is a lot of information on which stylus will work. I want to decrease my trial and error for this as COVID has returns limited in most stores. Please help!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,781 30,485 2,787 10,216
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@aeastburn 

I cannot find anything to suggest that there is a compatible pen for this model.

It appears that all the models in the series were introduced in 2016.

That information on  its own doesn't mean anything - but it gives you a starting point if you are thinking about an upgrade.

Not all models of notebooks support a stylus - this is true of new computers, too.

Double check...

Compatibility Checks

Method – Search Compatible Product(s) using the HP Virtual Agent - HPVA

Check the data for yourself using the HP Virtual Assistant

Consumer systems can open the agent at the product homepage.

Consumer Notebook Examples:  Notebook, Pavilion, Spectre, Envy, and others

• Open the Support Home for your Computer.
  • Click / Open the Virtual Agent(lower right corner of the homepage screen / web page).
  • Wait for the Virtual Agent to be ready to receive your question.
  • Ask your question – For example, ask:  “Which dock is compatible with my computer?”
  • Follow the prompts, answer the questions.
  • NOTE that in most cases, it is enough to search at the "series" level, or select a model similar to yours from the list within your model series.
  • Note that a compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product in stock.

• Thanks for using the HP Virtual Assistant.

Example Questions: 

Which dock is compatible with my computer?

Is Thunderbolt dock compatible with my computer?

Which pen is compatible with my computer?

Notes:

• A compatible product result does not guarantee the HP Store carries that product.
  • If you “Finish” the Virtual Assistant chat session, the assistant uses the data to improve the behavior. 
  • The HP Virtual Assistant is not yet true “AI”, but finishing the inquiry does help the software get better over time.

and / or

Doesn't work? – Do not want it - Need an alternative method to check and search?

Method – Search for Stylus / Pen in your Service Guide

• Open the Support Home for your Computer
  • Open Category Manuals
  • Search for and open the Service Guide for your computer
  • Search the guide for “Pen”

Method – Search the HP Store – Dock / Docking Station

Another method

Open the Store

Store/HP.com 

Not your store?  Click Flag near bottom of website to change region.

Example

Search for "notebook pc docking" or "workstation dock"

Next, click (under Categories" to view) Displays and Accessories

Select your item

Click on Tech Specs

Compatibility is listed in the tech document.

NOTES

Tech Specs in the Store do not include compatibility information for Pen. 

Once you have the Product Number / Part Number, check HP Parts Store

Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation