cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MNTechDad
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Win 10 Wireless Mouse Left Button Not Working

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G3 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Howdy, and before I get singed for not searching and reviewing posts please know that I have. Over the past couple of months I have tried every PowerShell script / scannow and driver update that I could find, tried many suggested control panel settings, installed and ran MANY antivirus programs, replaced batteries, left batteries out for an evening, tried multiple wireless mouses, used different USB ports, and yes... even allowed a full MS software upgrade. Still same outcome.

So what has happened is I hadn't used my Windows 10 personal laptop for a couple of months and decided to break it out to backup data on my cell. Plug wireless mouse #1 in and boot... no left mouse click at all. Being a hardware and software guy from back to the '70's I took it apart and cleaned the contacts and validated continuity. Functions fine. Oh yes, and this is a Logitech M-RAA93. Try it on another computer... works just fine.

So to continue with troubleshooting tried a Microsoft MSK-1056 with identical results. NOTE: And yes, MANY cold and warm reboots in-between.

On to plan 'C'. A Keyspan RF Remote presentation device. It doesn't work just like the other mouses.

Last ditch (with dread, but needed to troubleshoot), a wired mouse. Badabing... no problems other than I can't use that for my presentations.

Conclusion is that M$ pushed some update that has affected how wireless mouses interface with Windows 10. I can draw no other conclusion.

I have been sharing this identical post everywhere I see fit and will continue until I (hopefully) find a solution. At that point I will share the finding.

Thank you for assistance in advance, Matt

P.S. All of the aforementioned wireless devices work on other systems. Looks like it might be time to take a second bite at the Apple [grins].

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation