Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

For Anniversary update I created a USB key because the update failed due to "not enought space available" on the internal drive. For Creator updated I downloaded the "update tool" from Microsoft right onto the Stream and just ran the tool. The update continued from there. I'm not sure why with the Creator Update I didn't run into the same "not enought space avaiable" error. Maybe MS will now use the space available on the mircoSD to store the update image.

I think you can use the information on this website:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/instantanswers/d4efb316-79f0-1aa1-9ef3-dcada78f3fa0/get-the-wind...

HP Recommended

yes i can do that but then i get the beloew screen sorry about poor quality

Spoiler
18342488_258229577983730_3183290078797215515_n.jpg
HP Recommended

i think the link is down to the aniversay ecition

HP Recommended

I can confirm that Windows 10 Creator 1703 32-bit is working well on my Stream 7 with all devices recognized. 

I did both an update from Windows 10 Anniversary 1607 and also a fresh install.

For the update, the audio did not initially work but when I clicked on the volume control in the task bar, Windows indicated it had detected a problem and fixed it and prompted me to reboot and this eventually fixed it.

For the fresh install, the touchscreen and audio were not working afterwards so I installed the Intel Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack from hp.com and rebooted and that fixed both.  The auto screen rotation was also not working so I installed the Kionix G-Sensor Enabling Driver from hp.com and it worked.  All devices are recognized in Device Manager now.

HP Recommended
Would it be possible for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong I can get device to boot from external device although I changed bios settings to reflect device
HP Recommended

Thanks kyle_b. Your solution worked. I had to install the Chipset, Graphics, Camera and Audio Driver Pack  (sp72202) first.

This also solved the installation error of sp72186 (Goodix Touch).

I had some issues with the Intel Graphics driver, the driver kept automatically reinstalling under a normal boot environment and resulting in a blank screen. Removing and/or disabling the driver in Device Manager did not fix it. In safe mode everything worked fine.

To solve it I had to remove all Intel Graphics drivers from my Stream. I used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to do this.

After that everything worked as a charm.

Note: I probably created this issue myself by using a Driver Update tool to update my drivers

@spursfan52. Use Microsoft Media Creation Tool (Windows 10, 32-bit) to create an (usb) image. Then boot the computer without the USB flash drive attached. Then insert the flash drive and browse to "setup.exe".

Then you should be able to install the latest Windows version.

I also tried to boot it directly from a flash drive, but the mouse, keyboard, and touch were not recognized. I could not proceed the installation as it requires some manual input.

HP Recommended

Just for the heck of it, I waited for MS to push 1703 to my HPS7 instead of forcing an upgrade (the tool already indicated the tablet was compatible, if that is to be trusted)...

... so received it yesterday... all went smoothly (albeit the brief audio glitch kyleb mentionned).

(Could have waited for the Fall edition that's just around the corner, but don't know if the HPS7 will be supported)

A few numbers for those interested:

• After a 3.5 hours download (basic ADSL!), the installation completed within the next 5 hours (at the most, I'm judging by the timestamp on Windows.old folder).
  • I had 15 GB left on my partition before (I have an additional 32 GB sd card); was left with 8 GB after the upgrade.
  • Disk Cleanup (System mode) shows I can delete 2.9 GB from my old installation (if I don't want to revert), and 4.6 GB of temp installation files... so that's around at the very least 7.5 GB needed for installation.

HP Recommended

I have the same error after Windows updated on my Stream 8 tablet last night. Everything was working just fine until this update. 

HP Recommended

i still havent had any luck trying to reinstall the windows os on my tablet if anyone has any fresh ideas please

HP Recommended

@spursfan52 wrote:

i still havent had any luck trying to reinstall the windows os on my tablet if anyone has any fresh ideas please

Whats gone wrong and what tablet (including model no) is this on. This thread is all about a fresh installation of Windows 10 on an HP Stream tablet so do you already have Windows 10 running on the device?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.