Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My camera is not working. I am getting "we can't find your camera message" and error code 0xA00F4244.

Could you please help me out to fix it?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@IonVasile

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Re-install the drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Imaging Devices.
3) Right-click on the HP Webcam and select Uninstall.
4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the Webcam driver.

Step 2 Run the Windows app troubleshooter -

1) Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
2) Choose Update & security.
3) Select Troubleshoot from the left pane.
4) Scroll to the bottom and click on Windows Store Apps.
5) Click on the Run the troubleshooter button.

If the issue still persists, try updating the computer -

Step 3 Windows Updates troubleshooter - 

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Step 4 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 5 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Hope this helps!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I also have an 

HP Pavilion x360 - 15-br095ms

• 2x2 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth, Multi-format digital media card reader, Front-facing HP TrueVisions Full HD webcam with integrated dual digital microphones B&O PLAY, HP Audio Boost, dual speakers, Windows 10 Home 64biit

The above is from the description of the computer when I bought it, so I know it has a webcam.  However, it does not show up in the device manager.  There is no Camera section and I can only see the Imaging devices when I tell the device manager to show me hidden devices. 

There was a camera section before and I uninstalled it based on the suggestions, but when I rebooted my computer, it never came back to the device manager.  

I've tried almost everything!  I'm at my wit's end.  Please help!

HP Recommended

@MoochieW

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Apologies for the delayed response. Let's try these steps:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-br000-x360-convertible-pc/15551167/document/c034...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.