Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
photosmart r717

wish to replace firmeware in camera

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Enthusiasten,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you help me with the exact product number and operating system?

Please brief the issue in detail to assist you better.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Answer is formally Not Applicable, or the OS has no name. A suggestion for a name might be Digital Camera OS. The version of the firmware is 2.03.05. From the HP Support web I understand that the latest (and last) FW is 2.03.06. I guess the firmware somehow is
HP Recommended
... is broken and needs to be refreshed or te-installerat.
HP Recommended

@Enthusiasten,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please let me know is there any particular reason to update the firmware?

Please brief the issue in detail to assist you better.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

uderside shows model # (hopefully)I cannot remember the model number other that HP Photosmart R717, but  underneath, it says L2038 A.  Also see picure (./.). The reason for replacing firmware is that the camera cannot take good pictures any longer as descritbed above by another forum smember.  ("pixeled"," lines", wrong colours). In the camera, using playback meny, the picure appears almost all black. Using zoom, it i possible to see a distorted picture as explained.  What I think I need is file with the camera firmware to download into a Windows 10 PC. And some instruction on how to transfer it to the comera and activate it (I am unable to locate my user manual, therefore the need for instructions).  I like the camera, therefore I think it is worthwhile to try to resuscitate it.

Btw, I am a former HP employee, retired five years ago. I have three R717 and two R707, only one of the five is working.  Not all are showing the same errors though.  Ine of the R717 camea is my daughter's, it can only playback, not take photos anymore...

HP Recommended

@Enthusiasten,

Thanks for the reply.

Use this link: https://hp.care/2l3Av1H to Fix Common Camera Problems

Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
A lot to read there, and not all applicable. I will try to rephrase my question.
Is there a way an end user can upgrade camera OS (what I called firmware, maybe the wrong term) using a Win10 laptop?
With eirher or more of a) a special file to an SD card that with special start sequence simuilar to flash-power-on to rum camera diagnostiserats? Or b) run a PC program (a .zip or .exe?) containing tha new camera software? This using a USB cable to access the camera in hard disc or digital camera configuration (which?) ? Problably using or not using a camera dock (which is most likely to work?). Or c) there is no Win10 compatible driver available for the R717 so there is feasible solution.
I own a camera docking station and i have a cable. I always move the SD card to transfer photos from the camera to the laptop so it is fair to say that I have not tested connecting.
Thanks in advance for listening.
HP Recommended

@Enthusiasten

It looks like you were interacting with Raj1788, but he is out for the day . I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

I have gone through your Post and we do not have any Windows 10 drivers for your Camera. I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to assist you sort this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Click on "Continue as guest". 
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Click on "Show Options". 
Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.