Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have looked you my tablet and i forgot the password what do I do

HP Recommended

I forgot my password and i cant get in no matter what I try please help

HP Recommended

@jamia wrote:

I forgot my password and i cant get in no matter what I try please help

Sorry, we can't offer accurate help unless you tell us what tablet you are asking about!

If you have a Slate7 2800, the answer has been provided several times in this thread...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Did you ever get your tablet unlocked bc i am having the SAME problem and the very last thing I want to do is reset it completely. So any tips you revieved to resolve this matter would be extremely apprecited.

Thanks

Becky  

HP Recommended

i think im going to cry... lol Reseting it completely is the VERY last thing i want to do. So sad. 

HP Recommended

@BCOLE1986 wrote:

i think im going to cry... lol Reseting it completely is the VERY last thing i want to do. So sad. 

...and once again, please tell us which tablet you are asking about!   😕

Passwords would not be very useful if there were easily defeated, correct?   I have used various "Password Safe" programs throughout the years with all my technology.  From apple //e computers, to Palm PDA's, to Windows PC's and Android Tablets.  The apps keep your passwords safely encrypted, but you still have to remember ONE password to gain access to the app!   😉

My safe right now has over 304 entries in it!  Websites, logins, etc...  I suggest looking into using one of these apps!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
I have the HP 7 1800. I understand the significance of various passwords But my issue is why it tells me to put in my google username and pw in order to unlock it.. Then it rejects it, everytime. It's just frustrating..
Thank you
HP Recommended
I used a pattern as an unlock code, and my little son was trying different wrong patterns, now I have tried unlocking and I had to use my google account to sign in but it's not working,I have tried my email and password and it still says wrong username or password. I am also scared of resetting because I have lots of important files in my hp slate 7, I really need to your help
HP Recommended

@BCOLE1986 wrote:
I have the HP 7 1800. I understand the significance of various passwords But my issue is why it tells me to put in my google username and pw in order to unlock it.. Then it rejects it, everytime. It's just frustrating..
Thank you

There are only two reasons your gmail credentials would be rejected, either they are incorrect (try to sign in on another device to confrim they are correct) or the device you are having the issue with does not have a network (wifi) connection which is not allowing it to connect to google's servers to validate your login. If you cannot move into range of a previously connected network and have the device connect, then a reset will likely be your only option. We do not store your google password on the tablet for your security and so we have to connect to the internet for validation.

I work for HP

Please be sure and click the thumbs up+/kudos button if you found my posts helpful.

Also please mark my post as the accepted solution if it answers your question so that others can benefit from your question.
HP Recommended
My daughter has a tablet that she forgot her password and then she saw have to restart it and then some USB image came on the screen
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.