Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P0H61EA#ABU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My detachable keyboard is not working.  I've tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting, letting the battery die and then rebooting and cleaning the connection port.

Help appreciated.

Regards

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@mikel2007

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the keyboard is not working, however, the touch screen is working fine,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to reset the pc using the tablet mode?

While you respond to that, The best way to resolve the issue is to follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Follow this link to reinstall the OS using the tablet mode: Click here

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

im having the same issue constantly.  i restart and all is fine but eventually it happens again and i have to restart.

hp pavilion with beats audio model 11-n010dx

HP Recommended

@Molloy9874

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand the keyboard isn't working though the touchpad is fine,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you follow the article attached on the previous post from the same thread?

If you have, perhaps you could let me know what you've done so far so we don't have to repeat any steps?

That said, I recommend you follow the suggestions of the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thanks for the response. It's not my touch pad. Both the keyboard and touch pad do not work only my touch screen works. In order to fix it I have to restart my laptop. Once restarted all work fine for a short period and then both the keyboard and touch pad become disabled. I then have to restart again. Very strange. Also my speakers at times will just cut out and make a standing pound noise that won't stop until I restart as well. I have checked for stuck keys as well. I was thinking it could be that but I'm lead to believe that it's a software issue since it goes away with a restart. Sometimes I'm good for a full day before it acts up.
Thoughts???
HP Recommended

@Molloy9874

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I appreciate the clarification,

That said, the best way to identify whether an issue is either hardware or software related,

Is to boot into the BIOS by tapping on the F10 key during the restart of your PC and remain on the screen to check if any of these issues reappear,

If they do, it would be a hardware failure, if they don't, we need to create a new user account and check if that works as a corrupt profile could create such issues.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle,

I've reset my PC to factory settings and now the touchscreen won't work!

I've booted up using BIOS (using a USB keyboard as the detachable keyboard) and that hasn't resolved things either.

Help!

Mike

HP Recommended

@mikel2007

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If you've done a reset and yet the touchscreen and/or the keyboard doesn't respond properly on the BIOS as well as the windows,

It's a hardware malfunction and I recommend you Contact HP to have it either repaired/replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.