Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
POH7OEA#ABU
I am unable to log into my laptop even though I am using the correct password, therefore I need to somehow reset my password, as I need to use the laptop for my coursework.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @ElleOlivia, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues logging into your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Are you using a local account or a connected account to log into your PC?

As you mentioned you are unable to login to your PC using the correct password.

Please try the steps recommended below.

Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on the Power button.
Click on Restart and try to enter the Safe mode.
Kindly try to start your computer in Safe mode from the Windows Recovery Environment.

Once you have entered into the Safe mode then, open Command Prompt and enable Built-in Administrator.
Follow the below steps to enable Built-in Administrator:
Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.
Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

Close the Command Prompt.

Try to log in with Built-in Administrator and change the earlier password or you can create new user account.

Also, refer this article to know more information about managing user accounts.

If the issue still persists try performing a system recovery on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system recovery.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Please try running a system recovery using the recovery discs. 

If you don't have a set of recovery discs. Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.