cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Yves21
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

windows problem since new

HP Recommended
Stream 7
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

many resolution screen and size ans resize problem with my tablette i do everything ! can i change for another version of windows or android nobody find the problem (hp and windows don't want take the responsabilies...

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,808 30,512 2,791 10,227
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Yves21 

It is sad that the tablet does not work as expected.

@Yves21 wrote:

many resolution screen and size ans resize problem with my tablet i do everything ! can i change for another version of windows or android nobody find the problem (hp and windows don't want take the responsibilities...

I am not sure I understand the problem - is the screen resolution incorrect?

Stream 7 - introduced in 2014 

The product is well out of warranty.

Support options are limited to what you can find in the support website for the device. 

Did you ever contact HP about the problem when the device was under warranty?

Assuming yes, since the problem has been "since new", what was the solution?

Was the device repaired, replaced, was there another "fix"?

The problem now is that the device is no longer new and Windows 8 is not any longer a new enough OS that it can be "fixed" if it does not already work.  In other words, Microsoft has moved on from Windows 8.x and will not likely put a lot of effort into fixing individual issues for people still using this version of Windows.

You mention android - if you mean to say that your tablet actually runs on Android, that places Microsoft in another position far away from your problem since Android is not Windows.

"What can the Community to do help?"

Options are limited...

If the problem was never fixed since new,

if you asked for help and it was not fixed in warranty (or even if you did not ask),

If none of the troubleshooting available in the product's website support have helped,

If the tablet does not work,

It might be time to consider replacing the device.

Reference and Resources – Places to find help, solve problems, and learn about your Device

Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)

Device Homepage

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

HP Stream 7 Tablet

OR

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation