Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook x2 11 inch 11-da0000 (323K7AV)
Chrome OS

All of a sudden, my stylus is not working on my Chromebook x2 11. I've seen several other posts that describe a similar problem. I've been charging it constantly on the magnetic wireless charger. I tried resetting the Chromebook to no avail. How can I get the stylus working again? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @J-Shan

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing stylus-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

If your stylus stopped working on Chromebook, first check your pen, and make sure it's fully charged. Then ensure the tip is positioned correctly. If the issue persists, update Chrome OS, and reset your hardware. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Even opened a case to see and they were supposed to call within the next 15 Minutes, this was Aug 24 and still waiting for that call. Anyhow, the stylus that came in the box with my X2 11 stopped working and powerwahs/reset do noting to fix the issue. The Chromebook is up to date  on updates.

This is frustrating as the warranty is set to expire in less than a month and to me, it seems HP is running the clock on the warranty. HP must know this is an issue with the X2 11 stylus but is not offering any real solution other than pointing to useless documents. There are many post about this issue here as well elsewhere on the internet so something is going on but HP is not interested in helping. Losing customers probably not important either.

Does anyone have a solution to the unresponsive stylus on the X2 11 chromebook tablet?

HP Recommended

Hi @X2-1 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I see that you are facing stylus-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

If your stylus stopped working on Chromebook, first check your pen, and make sure it's fully charged. Then ensure the tip is positioned correctly. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Your post did not help. This is the stylus that came in the box with the X2 11 the stylus does not have a charge indicator but it has been correctly attached to the magnetic charging port on the side of the  X2 11 for days.  Also don't think that Chrome OS displays anywhere if the stylus is charged. 

I wonder why, if I have a case open with HP support since Aug 24 2022, nobody contact me via the ticket but we (customers) are forced to find help here on a user forum. The only option on the ticket for me, the user,is to close the ticket,; there is no way to escalate or ever request a response, lovely HP.

HP Recommended

Alright.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am also having this exact same problem. Stylus does not charge when docked on side of chromebook. Power wash and reset did not solve problem. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.