Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
TS 10A
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Hi all! I was getting a message that "com.android.settings has stopped" when I tried to connect to wi-fi, so I went ahead and did a factory reset and cache wipe. Now, as soon as the tablet boots up, I'm notified that com.android.settings has stopped and it's stuck -- I click "OK" and I get the same pop-up repeatedly.

In the system recovery menu I see an option for "apply update from external storage" -- is there perhaps a patch somewhere I can apply to get the tablet working again?

The tablet is a TS 10A, Model AU00F6J

Thank you for your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SokMunki

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that you are getting an error com.android.settings has stopped error on your tablet.

Clear Cache and Data of the SIM Toolkit:

• 1. Click on Settings to access apps.
  • 2. Select Apps.
  • 3. Click on Sim Toolkit.
  • 4. Click on CLEAR DATA as well as CLEAR CACHE.
  • 5. Finally, reboot the Android smartphone and then check whether the Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped error has been resolved

The steps in this section to reset an HP 10 or HP 10 Plus tablet.

1. With the device powered off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds, and then release.

Figure: Tablet power and volume up buttons

Side view of tablet with the power and volume up buttons highlighted

The HP logo is displayed, and a few seconds later the Android system recovery menu is displayed.

2. When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

NOTE: The touch screen is disabled when the device is in recovery mode. Use the volume up and volume down buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu. Use the power button to make a selection.

Figure : Wipe data/factory reset

Wipe data/factory reset
  3. Press the power button to select.

4. The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.

Figure : Confirm wipe of all user data

Confirm wipe of all user data
  5. Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.

6. A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.

7. When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the powerbutton to select.

Figure : Reboot system now

Reboot system now

Wait for the device to reboot.

8. The factory reset is complete. Set up the device by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.

Refer to this article to know more information about restoring the tablet back to factory settings. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.