Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

I am unable to use HP Support Assistant on Android 11/MIUI 12.5 Enhanced. It prompts me to accept the ToS by clicking "Continue" which I do, but after numerous tries of pressing "Continue", nothing happens and I cannot use the application without accepting the TOS. I thought this is one of the applications where the application has to also verify that the user has read the ToS which I did, but still, the "Continue" button is unclickable.

What I was doing & experienced

On my Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime operating on Android 11 and MIUI 12.5 Enhanced (Xiaomi's exclusive operating system that works along with Google's Android 11), I tried downloading HP Support Assistant from Google Play Store. After the download was successful, I opened the application which first greeted me to accept the TOS but the "Continue" button to accept the TOS is unclickable after numerous tries as I explained earlier. This is rendering the application unusable for me because the application can't be used without accepting the TOS.

Steps to recreate

1. Open Google Play Store.
  2. Search for HP Support Assistant or just click here.
  3. Click on Install. Wait for the download and install to complete. It will take time to complete depending on your internet speed.
  4. After the download and install are complete, click Open to direct yourself to the application. 
  5. The first thing you will be asked to do is to accept the TOS. Click on Continue to try doing so.

What is to be expected - You can accept the TOS and follow any on-screen instructions after accepting the TOS.

What happened - You can't accept the TOS as the Continue button seems to be unclickable after pressing it numerous times.

Any error messages & details?

Unfortunately, no. I understand that this may greatly help in diagnosing the issue but this bug is not showing any error messages and other details so I hope you are still able to provide me with a solution without this information.

My internet connection?

LAN internet connection.

For a clear reference to this bug, you can refer to this picture- https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/800350356819148822/941565888447016980/1644557168873.jpg?wid...

If this is a bug from my side, then please confirm and offer me solutions to fix this bug. I hope I gave all the necessary details.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JJKpanda 

I don't think HP Support Assistant  would work on devices/machines other than HP's

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Then why would it be available on Google Play Store?

The fact that the application is available on the Play Store should mean that it is available for Android devices also which includes every brand's Android device including my Xiaomi Redmi 9 Prime.

Here's the Google Play Store link for HP Support Assistant again to make this clear - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hp.HPSupportAssistant 

The application is also from Official HP so I believe the bug I described earlier isn't based on this.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.