Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
X2 12-f014dx
Chrome OS

After recent chrome update the tablet's chrome browser behaves differently with and without keyboard attached. If attached works fine, new tabs open next to each other and tabs stay on top; with keyboard detached, there is a separate plus sign and box with numbers for number of tabs. Basically without keyboard it now acts more like a phone.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TheTruebugmann

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Could you please share the picture of the tabs?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I hope I do this correctly...2 photos should be available. 

One withoutkeyboardattached.png showing one open tab and the number 3 at the top. There

are 3 tabs available and if I click on the 3 the screen will drop down a bit and show 3 boxes, one

for each tab.

The other is withkeyboard.png. As soon as I connected the keyboard, the display changed to this.

3 tabs visible and the box with the number 3 is gone.

Thanks

BillWithOutKeyBoard.pngWithKeyBoard.pnguntil

HP Recommended

@TheTruebugmann

Thank you for posting back.

This requires remote assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further troubleshooting steps.

I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you want it to look like the keyboard is attached, check the Settings in Chrome for "Desktop View".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

The drop down box [3 dots] in Chrome Browser shows ''REQUEST MOBILE SITE'",,toggles on or off with a check and has no effect on my issue. I am not able to find any DESKTOP VIEW option in the Chrome OS settings, am I missing something?

thanks for the reply.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.