Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 6300 SFF
Other

I bought a Gigabyte GC-WBAX200 Wifi/bluetooth card. For bluetooth to work, it needs to be connected to an internal USB connector. Since there wasnt one available, and I never use the front ports anyway, I disconnected Front_USB. Bluetooth works fine, but at startup I get the ''921-front usb 1 not connected" error.

I updated to the latest bios version, have 'bypass f1 warning' set to enabled (but I guess that only works for actual system changes and not super serious critical errors like these). I have Front_USB1 set to disabled, but that seems to do nothing (Bluetooth even still works).

Is there any way to solve this? (Why does HP think it needs to tell me over and over "Hey, you know those 6 USB ports you never use? 2 of those are disconnected, so you only have 4 left to continue to never ever use"?)

Note: a while ago I also disconnected the PB/LED (to hook up an external power button, as the PC is in a slightly hard to reach spot) and got the "512 rear chassis fan not detected" error (there literally never was a rear chassis fan, but I guess that doesnt matter), which I solved by connecting pin 4 and 10. Since all pins seem to be in use by my Bluletooth card, it seems like that's not an option this time, right?

HPMobo.jpg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.