Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Z 840 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’d like to change my bios splash screen on my rig and supposedly the  “ChangeLogoApp.efi” is the program that can do it. But, there isn’t any detailed instructions on how to implement this program. I have had another person suggest following the  EREPLOGO.efi instructions, but that program includes an application called “Shell_full.efi” to launch a CMD like interface to launch the EREPLOGO.efi program.  It’s a simple matter then to change the splash screen as long as the image is of the dimension, size and format required. 
This shouldn’t be a complex process to do. The “ChangeLogoApp.efi” doesn’t come with the “Shell_Full.efi” file, so how does one launch a UEFI interface to run the “ChangeLogoApp.efi” in pre Windows post?  I’ve tried running it from the boot menu and something does launch, but with no interface or options shown. Basically it’s an all black screen with an 8 HP logos spread out at the bottom.  Then the computer boots as usual. 

My daughters ASUS motherboard comes with an Windows environment program to change the boot splash screen to anything you like.  Just restart your computer and it’s changed just like that. No complex interface, just pick your image and it’s done. 

I know I’m missing something... perhaps just a simple keystroke or another program is needed to allow it to run. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.