Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am experiencing extreme difficulties with watching videos from my notebook on my TV. Every so often (sometimes after 5 minutes, other times after 2 hours) the image I am sending from my laptop to my screen via an HDMI cable goes black, and no matter the number of cable re-connections, it stays black until I restart. The audio keeps on working, and the tv detects the signal (TV's no signal icon disappears, any changes to output resolution, refresh frequency and so on makes the black screen twitch a bit).

I tried with different laptops and this is the only one that I have those problems with.

It is a huge shame, that a computer that I bought mainly for 2 purposes - playing videos and listening to music is struggling with both of these tasks (I am addressing only the first one in this post).

All of my drivers are up-to-date according to HP Support Assistant.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.