Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15-df1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Howdy Folks,

I hope this helps you leverage your Spectre with a 120w G2 External Dock - HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 (2UK37AA#ABA) Docking Station Port Replicator and keep your B&O sound. HP states that it (G2 Dock) is not supported, but it actually works great and has been over the last 5 months until...

External Dock & Displays:

I have successfully used the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 120w with the 2019 15T  HP Spectre x360 with the Nvidia GTX 1650.

There is a driver issue with the latest Nvidia Display Driver which "auto updates". You will need to roll back to 26.21.14.4292 - 4.7.2020 in Device Manager. Both DisplayPorts work and I am using two older LA2405wgs (Oldies but goodies).

BIOS:

Get the latest BIOS updates on the 15T (Unless you like heat)  and G2 Firmware Updates. Do NOT install the USB Realtek Sound Driver. You will essentially lose all sound or it will be so low it will be indecipherable at best and the B&Os you just bought will sound horrible. Note - You may need to run the Dock Updates 2 or 3 times.

SOUND:

If you lose sound. Delete the Realtek Sound Devices & Drivers (check the box to remove all drivers), reboot and allow detection while the dock is disconnected. A system restore point may be needed first, then delete them again. Note - I do not use the sound on the dock. Sound from the Laptop works and I recommend Bluetooth for External.

Conclusion:

After a few hours of troubleshooting from the latest updates from HP/Nvidia I rolled back and now all is fine. I hope this helps those who use and love this laptop. It is truly a piece of powerful art and technology.

DRIVERS: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-df1000-x360-convertible-pc-series/260...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.