Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Image Retention.jpgImage Retention 2.jpgExample of what is imprinting.jpg

The first two images are an example of the image retention I'm experiencing. The screen is of a yellowish-green door, I was watching a movie so that color is normal, and the ghost images can be seen also on the screen. The first image is larger picture of my screen showing a large amount of the retention the second photo is a close up of a specific spot. The third photo is a photo of my actual Internet browser. you can see the favorite button, the star with the three lines, and the collections button and see that they have imprinted on the screen in the previous picture. If I have a moving image like a movie going full screen the retention will eventually go away but will return again with any still image. I have turned down the brightness, turned the settings to dark mode but cannot get the pixels to stop "sticking". This started roughly six months ago and continues. Im hoping there is something I can do to keep it from happening but I need help finding it. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.