Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
ZBook Firefly 14 G7
Linux

Hello,

I have troubles updating to the newest UEFI/BIOS version on my notebook.

Updating to the version 01.01.07 Rev.A was no problem using another computer and creating an update USB-stick with the software from the HP support site.

bios_version.jpeg

But for some reason, the same procedure does not work for the newest version.

What I did:

1. go to the HP support website

2. entered the serial number of my notebook

3. downloaded the USB-stick creator software (sp110906.exe)

4. ran it on a Windows PC

5. connected the stick to my notebook and chose "update firmware" in the boot/UEFI menu

I've tried multiple Windows machines and USB-sticks, but to no prevail, the install always fails with the message, that it can't find the necessary update files.

error.jpg

The firmware.bin is not in one of the folders mentioned in error message, but in the DEVFW folder, like it should be according to the readme of the USB-stick creator. But even moving the firmware.bin to one of the mentioned folders does not help.

usb.png

I even tried putting it in the HP folder on the efi boot partition like error message suggests.

So after roughly a month of trying and failing I come here and ask you, if someone had the same problems and/or can help me with doing the update.

Thanks.

EDIT://
I tried the same procedure with the previous version (01.01.07 Rev.A) again and it works without any problems there. It instantly finds the update on the USB-stick and applies it. Tried the new one after that, but it again can't detect the update.

EDIT2://

Managed to do the upgrade via installing Windows onto an external drive. But now the keys for controlling the screen brightness don't work under Linux/Fedora anymore. They toggle the microphone. That was also the case with the UEFI version that the notebook came with.  01.01.07 Rev.A seemed to have fixed that error, but it's back again.
I guess version 01.03.02 Rev.A is a bit buggy. I might downgrade again and wait for the next release.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.