Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850G6
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I own an HP Elitebook 850G6 laptop, recently upgraded OS from W10 to W11.

The biggest problem I run into is that the battery drains very quickly with W11 when the laptop is completely switched off.

Friday evening 100% charged and shut down, Sunday evening on restart the battery was completely empty! At first I thought maybe I didn't completely shut down and tried again the weekend after, but exactly the same. Visible in W11 is that battery capacity decreases by ~2-3% per hour.

With W10, a weekend with laptop switched off took ~14% capacity total, which is somewhat acceptable, I think.

Battery and power management settings are the same as with W10 (Power Saving and no Hibernate/Sleep mode activated, fast start-up disabled).

On the internet, I also read about similar problems, but it is not clear what the cause is and how this can be solved properly. The Elitebook is equipped with the latest BIOS version and driver updates.

Are there more people experiencing the same problem and hopefully know how to solve?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.