Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion P6774Y
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

About a month ago, probably late Feb. 2020. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 OS from Windows 7 on a HP Pavillion P6774Y. I hadn't been using the box until we were required to work from home due to the COVID19 crisis. Yesterday, March 27, 2020, during the middle of the day, the wifi signal dropped. As ran the trouble shooter in Windows, it said I did not have a connection to the Internet. Baffled, I continued searching only to find my system did not even recognize the WiFi controller.  Searching the Internet, suggestions were to enter Command Prompt as administrator from Task Manager and run the Net command, 'netcfg -d' which basically resets all wireless devices. To no avail. I did the Net command several times, restarted several times, with no change in the symptom. I opened the case to visually locate the wifi chip, HP P/N 588551-001 RT3090 WN6602RH-H1-1A. Today I found a similar symptom reported back on 2017 for another user's machine, whom he too upgraded to Win 10 OS on 64-bit machine. Oddly enough, attached to that incident entry, two recent users, March 2020, have attached their 'me too' experiences. That incident entry was titled: "Wireless adapter stopped working after update , HP P6620f desktop win 7 64 bit" and responded to by HP rep, MKAZI.

WN6602RH.jpg

In that entry, the HP rep, MKAZI,  suggests to download the driver, sp46490.exe, found at this link;

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL34783/pv-86275-1/sp46490.exe

As of this typing, I have not loaded the driver to confirm it works, as I am reporting this from my Mac laptop. I'll report back to verify if that particular driver is a solution.

RZee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.