Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
EliteBookasd;
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After even more frustration and testing, I think I've proven that this is NOT A WINDOWS PROBLEM.  It is an HP problem.

I updated the BiOS to the latest and upon going into the BiOS, before loading Windows, the MBEX password field gets populated with "asd;47kl=[" just like any app that accepts characters.

To add insult, HP gives me a pop-up saying it's time for a new laptop 😞

I want to add to what I re-posted here...

Same problem exactly.  I found that the calculator does NOT come up repeatedly if I connect a wireless keyboard and don't touch the laptop's keyboard or touchpad. I don't want to do that as a solution but it's a diagnostic hint.

My HP Folio 9470 laptop running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) is now disabled after it loaded the Microsoft Windows 10 monthly update over the weekend.  It is running an Intel i5 (3427U 1.8 GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM, and a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD.  It would do this occasionally before the update but it is constant now.

Initially the calculator would pop up showing 0 or 47 repeatedly where 6 or more calculators would be running at the same time all displaying the same thing.  When I tried typing into a search engine "asd,47kl=[" (without quotes) would show.  When this happened I would be unable to enter, clear or delete anything for a period of time, then without reason or cause it would quit showing that and I would be able to use the laptop as normal and then again for some unknown reason it would start showing the calculator again with 0 or 47 and the asd,47kl=[ again in any field that would take other than numeric figures, an email you were typing, a search field, document or spreadsheet.

At first this morning I started normally which shortly degraded into showing the calculator.  When I started Word, I was at first able to type but not the letters a, s, d, (if any of the other symbols in the recurring text string were not typeable, I don't know.  It has now degraded to where it will type nothing at all.  I notice I have no control over the speaker or sound.  I cannot turn it off.  I have Googled these problems and see I am not the only person who has run into this same thing.  Common opinion seems to think they are driver problems, but whatever it is seems to have been triggered to be constant by the last update.  Consensus is HP has not issued a driver fix for the problem.

Rebooting has done no good, cold rebooting seems to reset things temporarily.

Before the cold boot I was trying to move some icons on my desktop.  Instead of moving them it would make copies of them.  After the cold boot I was able to move them until the calculator came up again and after closing the calculator it started making copies again.  It would seem that in addition to losing control of my keyboard it is triggering some kind of mouse or selection problem as well.

The Device Manager is showing one problem device (and has been for over a year now since upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro) that is described under "Other Devices" and then subheaded under Base System Device, which was searched an IT guy and found to be a for a card that was described as a quick start card that held all of the credentials.  The next subheaded item only has a question mark and is described as Sdlproxy and the next one is also a question mark with a description of SMS/MMS Message Access.

I desperately need to get my laptop working again.

Thanks.

sprstock

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.