Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all!

Daniel I've reading this forum for a couple of days now, so I have try everything that I read from your answers. I have a HP DV 9410us, S/N CNF-7235QBG. I upgrade from Vista 32bit to Win 7 Home premium 32bit. (NOT CLEAN INSTALL) everything went ok, QLB working with quick play, After some windows updates, service pack 1 and some security updates, restart and know the volume buttons won't turn on and the speaker icon in the QLB still blue but not working.

The drivers that I have currently install for the QLB are-`version 6.50.18.1 it is dated  1/24/2011.

the audio driver is dated for 5/1/2008 the version said 4.33.1.61 .

I don't have yellow question marks in my device manager, or alerts for driver compatability issues. Just the QLB not working. Thanks in advance !!

HP Recommended

I have dv6700. I use windows 7 with nvidia 266.58.

My laptop was working fine until recently when it started hanging / blanking out all of a sudden at random times. What happens is the display vanishes (screen becomes black) but the HDD and music etc are working fine in the background. But I have to restart as I can't see anything.

My question is which video driver is most stable with dv6700? Which nvidia driver version shouls I install on my Win 7 (which is not officially supported on this model).?

HP Recommended

@quiquepr69

Try a hard reset, works sometimes.Disconnect all external devices first.

1-remove power cord and battery

2-press power button for 20 seconds

3-reinstall only power cord for first startup.

4-power on

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@Laptop_Nerd

What is the full model as listed in section 1 of the service tag attached to bottom of laptop? Or p/n as listed in section 2?

HP Service Tag

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I use dv6767.

But the problem just became very severe. Everytime i turn on my laptop, i get garbled screen. Only 1 out of 20 times i get normal screen which after logging in to the windows, becomes yellowish patchy and garbled and the system hangs. This has started happening only from yesterday.

What should I do?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
I hope this is the right place to post this as the ''Windows 7 Upgrade Guide for dv6000/dv9000 models'' seems to have been moved.

I currently have a strange problem with my fingerprint logon .

I recently restore my pc from a good stable image from 2010 - windows 7 on DV9574EA.

Up until then I'd never had a problem with using my finger print to lo onto the pc however now, when I start up the pc, it gets to the login screen and will not bring up / allow the fingerprint. If I swipe my finger, nothing happens. I have to use the regular password.

What is strange is that I can log off and/or switch user and log back in using my fingerprint.

So the software is running and work however I cannot swipe my fingerprint from startup.

I have fully uninstalled the device, driver etc..., using this guide:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/How-to-uninstall-AuthenTec-fingerprint-s...

I did the reinstall using this guide:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv6000-dv900...

However it has made no difference.

The biometrics are on and working.

I'm using the authentec software (2.0.0.57)+ driver (2.0.0.18) , model AES2501A model

How can I make my pc working again to allow sign in with fingerprint (from first switch on), instead of just being able to use fingerprint to switch user/ log off once within windows

Could windows not be loading the authentec /biometric device from first power on, and then runs it once it's fully loaded windows?

Would be great if someone could help me resolve this issue

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have recently purchased a dv-6012tx notebook which came with Windows 7 x64 Home Premium. Ihave needed to install Windows 7 x64 Ultimate and have successfully done so and installed driversd from the appropriate HP webpage for this notebook. However this web page doesnot have some of the software available that was originally on the Home Premium version. For example can you advise where I can obtain Broadcom 2070 Bluetooth 3.0 and other software that is not on the driver page for this model? 

HP Recommended

i need a wireless card for my hp pc and i need this product that is the subject i am writting about please so i can go to school right thank you.

HP Recommended

Brilliant, over a day trying to install outdated driver in windows 7!!!! compatibility mode!! thanks again!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.