Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Professional M452DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been a HP Printer user for around 8 years now. Last December I replaced my trusty HP CP1025NW printer that I bought at Staples with a HP M452DW after my CP1025NW required a drum replacement and I realized this would cost me the price I paid for the printer to replace since HP no longer made the part. I decided to opt for this newer model due to the rapid duplex print mechanism, touchscreen to dignose issues much faster versus the led light I had to deal with on the 1025, and  the supposed "Jet Intelligence Cartridges" which mix toner inside to get all of it out onto the page without shaking. I have noticed that with the new series the color quality is ever so slightly worse than the CP1025 I used to have and the CP4025DW I use at work, regardless it was way better than the Brother laser I had. After 2 months of using the cyan starter cartridge was defective and started getting bands on the page. HP sent a replacement starter cartridge upon contacting them (at the bottom)Random imperfections on the developing rollerRandom imperfections on the developing rollerThese were the horizontal streaks left by the rollerThese were the horizontal streaks left by the rollerNow the black toner cartridge (410X) has deteriorated as well and produces poor quality printsNow the black toner cartridge (410X) has deteriorated as well and produces poor quality printsThis is supposed to be a solid black page but the page is full of splotches and white spotsThis is supposed to be a solid black page but the page is full of splotches and white spots 

and they sent me out a replacement cyan starter cartridge. The cyan has been working good ever since but now I am having an issue with the black. During the summer my starter black cartridge became empty so I bought a Genuine HP M410X black cartridge. After about 1000 pages in, it had the same transfer drum failure as the cyan cartridge despite having over 5000 pages left in capacity. I am disappointed by how these cartridges are failing especially since in the 20 cartridges I have replaced in my CP1025 over the years NOT ONE has ever been defective in any way. The new Jet Intelligence cartridges have inferior parts inside which causes this deterioration. The kind of print quality I get from this genuine cartridge would be what I expect from a generic. Upon reading reviews on Amazon, it seems that nobody seems to mention this issue which is why I can't seem to wrap my head around why these rollers keep failing. I also notice that the "no toner shake" thing is a gimmick as the brush that is supposed to mix the toner never works and I can still get a decent amount of prints from the cartridge once it begins to fade by taking it out and shaking it. I am just curious if anyone else was having any issues with this particular cartridge model or printer.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.