Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet CP3525
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am facing a peculiar issue with the printer model HP Color LaserJet CP3525. It suddenly stopped printing in color in weird way. For example, When I print powerpoint slides, it prints some pictures and figures in color, but prints background color and graphics or colored text boxes in gray or black and white. I have unsuccessfully tried several options, namely, changing MS Office advanced printing options (see attached file hp_printer_issue1.png), ran HP Print and Scan Doctor software to determine and fix problems, uninstalling and reinstalling driver for the printer, fiddling with the "Image Color Management (ICM)" options (see attached file hp_printer_issue2.png) etc. One difference I have noticed from other printers that we have is, that the print icon in the "printing preferences" window of this printer remains monochrome and does not give any option for color printing (see attached file hp_printer_issue3.png). I have tried looking for any Jetdirect firmware update, but can't get it on the HP support website. Any help in resolving this issue would be highly appreciated.hp_printer_issue1.pnghp_printer_issue2.pnghp_printer_issue3.png

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.