Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

New version of driver for Win7 released by HP:

Validity Fingerprint Sensor here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

New version of driver for Win7 released by HP:

Validity Fingerprint Sensor here

i have a m9300z machine. will this driver fix my memory card reader in Windows 7?  thanks.
HP Recommended

@lairnair,

Hi,

No this driver is not for You.

Try something like this:

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. Find these settings on the View tab in Folder Options.

Clear the Hide empty drives in the Computer folder check box, and then click OK. (This option doesn’t affect empty floppy disk drives, CD drives, or DVD drives.)

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

That didn't work.  Maybe I should be more specific.  I have a m9300z with an internal memory card reader.  Ever since I upgraded to Windows 7, the reader stopped working. When I insert the memory card into the slot, nothing happens (before, when i was running Vista, i would get a prompt asking me to import my photo).  When I go to My Computer and double click on the device (Removable Disk I:) i just get a blue circle and eventually a "(Not Responding)".

do I need to update the driver for the memory card reader?  Thanks.

@Daniel_Potyrala wrote:

@lairnair,

Hi,

No this driver is not for You.

Try something like this:

Open Folder Options by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Folder Options. Find these settings on the View tab in Folder Options.

Clear the Hide empty drives in the Computer folder check box, and then click OK. (This option doesn’t affect empty floppy disk drives, CD drives, or DVD drives.)

HP Recommended

@lairnair

Go to Control Panel -> Devices Manager

Click with right button of Your mouse on each yellow sign and choose properties. Then go to bottom details and paste here Hardware Ids. This way we will know what it is.

Below You've got example how to do it:

Device ID

Device ID

Device ID

HP Recommended

USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-Compact_Flash___1.00
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-Compact_Flash___
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-
USBSTOR\Generic-Compact_Flash___1
Generic-Compact_Flash___1
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-MS/MS-Pro_______1.00
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-MS/MS-Pro_______
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-
USBSTOR\Generic-MS/MS-Pro_______1
Generic-MS/MS-Pro_______1
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-SD/MMC__________1.00
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-SD/MMC__________
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-
USBSTOR\Generic-SD/MMC__________1
Generic-SD/MMC__________1
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-SM/xD-Picture___1.00
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-SM/xD-Picture___
USBSTOR\DiskGeneric-
USBSTOR\Generic-SM/xD-Picture___1
Generic-SM/xD-Picture___1
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

SCSI\DiskST3320820AS_____________3.CH
SCSI\DiskST3320820AS_____________
SCSI\DiskST332082
SCSI\ST3320820AS_____________3
ST3320820AS_____________3
GenDisk

HP Recommended

I have went from Vista 64 to Win 7 64bit and since that time in my Elite M9252P the card reader is like it is over-running the buffer and reporting errors...you can click continue and the picture will load...no errors.  Usually the the card is Pro SD 4g SDHC Sandisk.  It will read for about 25 or so and then start error reading...click continue or skip..you know.

What settings might need to be tweek...

Mark A. Rader, Sales Manager

Office Depot 083

HP Recommended

@lairnair,

Run Windows Update. There is a chance then there will be drivers for card reader.

Resources:

What to do when a device isn't installed properly

HP Recommended

Hi Daniel,

I have similar problems to some previous posters.  I have upgraded from Vista to Windows 7, and neither my trackpad scrolling or card reader are working.  I will paste the hardware IDs for my devices and if you could suggest some drivers, I would appreciated it greatly.

Thanks,

John

Base system device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30FC103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_0880

Unknown device

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

HP Recommended

@jnaber15,

Hi,

@jnaber15 wrote:

Base system device

PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30FC103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&SUBSYS_30FC103C
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2382&CC_0880

It's JMicron Card Reader Driver here

@jnaber15 wrote:

Unknown device

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

It's HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection here

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.