cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
fubar387
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Pavillion dv9000 - Unknown device

HP Recommended

Unknown device Location:  on Intel(R) ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815 

Here is the hardware ID

ACPI\HPQ0007
*HPQ0007

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,513 1,442 152 1,071
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey fubar387,

Try this driver for the Quick Launch Button software:  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45058.exe

-Wes

I am an HP employee.
0 Kudos
fubar387
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Wes,

Thanks for the quick reponse.

I found that sp45058 driver link posted on another forum today and tried it. It didn't solve the issue. I have scraped the Windows 7 load on my client's notebook and I am reloading Windows Vista. He is not very happy with HP at the moment. This notebook is only 8 months old. He just bought another notebook for his wife but he has informed me he will not be purchasing any HP products in the future and I cannot say as I blame him.

0 Kudos
Sykes
Level 2
15 15 0 3
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Drivers for device ID: ACPI\HPQ0006, ACPI\HPQ0007 is explained in this document.

Windows 7, Vista, XP Driver for device ID ACPI\HPQ0006, HPQ0007
http://www.tricksguide.com/windows-7vistaxp-driver-for-device-id-acpihpq0006-hpq0006.html

Cheers mate 🙂

"Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not HP." 🙂
0 Kudos
tukstr
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, mate!  That did the trick!

-Joe

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation