7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Installing OS on a HP Stream 7 Tablet

HP Stream 7 Tablet
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have a HP Stream 7 Tablet. I'd like to install windows 10 but my tablet does not recognize USB sticks. So the question is: is it possible to make a bootable SD Card and boot from it? If so, how to proceed?

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 10
1,585 1,575 133 308
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Stream tablets cannot boot from the SD card slot, you would have to boot from a USB drive connected to the charge port via an OTG adaptor.  A powered hub would also be needed also since you will need a mouse and keyboard.  When powering up, hold down the volume down button and then F9 to boot from the USB.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I mentioned earlier, this tablet does not recognize USB drives connected to the charge port via an OTG adaptor. Is there any other solution for installing OS on it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10
1,585 1,575 133 308
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You would have to use the USB port.  I would question why your tablet will not boot from a USB, you might try another OTG adapter, I have some that don't work with my Stream 7 for some reason.  Also try using a powered hub since the port puts out very little power since it's running off the battery.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I also tried using a powered hub, but the tablet still does not recognize the USB stick.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

I also tried using a powered hub, but the tablet still does not recognize the USB stick.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation