Arod96 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing issues

Hp officejet pro 8715

I’m having problems with printing. The black comes out streaky after making 2 or 3 copies in a row. But when I set it to clean the printheads and it prints the test page everything looks fine. I do use remanufactured ink but haven’t had any problems in the past. Should I clean the printheads manually? If so how? Or what should I do? I do make multiple copies at once and I need to make a large amount by tommorrow... what do I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,346 14,979 852 964
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Printing issues

@Arod96

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .

2. Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.

3. Touch Clean Printhead, and then touch Continue.

A test page prints.

Example of the printhead cleaning test page

4. Examine the test page.

• If the print quality is unacceptable, touch Clean Again to continue the next level of cleaning. Repeat these steps for the third cleaning stage, if necessary.

NOTE: 

If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

• If the print quality is acceptable, touch Done.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation