Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Intern
Message 1 of 40 (21,760 Views)
Accepted Solution

Stream 7 stuck at clear TPM [yes] [no]

[ Edited ]

Successfully did an install of Windows 10, having strange issues and tried a device reset. Took quite some time to get to 100%, and after it rebooted it's stuck at a black screen with a blue box/white text asking to clear the TPM. I cannot make a selection, tapping on the yes or no selections does nothing, yes is currently highlighted in black.

I've tried power + volume up and power + volume down and it always powers up at the same screen.

I'm letting the battery run down now, but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Stream 7 sruck at clear TPM [yes] [no]

Here's the method that worked for me without an OTG adaptor.

Unplug the device and turn it off. When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds. That will initiate a bios reload and when done the normal reset procedure for windows 10 will continue.

Good luck!

View solution in context
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 40 (21,757 Views)

If running the battery down does not reset it, you could attach a OTG adapter and USB mouse or keyboard and then you should be able to select the prompt.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 40 (21,603 Views)

I am having the exact problem. 

Can anyone help? 

Tutor
Message 4 of 40 (21,579 Views)

Connect a USB keyboard via a OTG  micro USB. That will allow you to make a choice.  What choice you make is your decision alone. I chose No and have now got Windows 10 that is working fine after some downloads from HP.

I hope this helps.

Intern
Message 5 of 40 (21,567 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here's the method that worked for me without an OTG adaptor.

Unplug the device and turn it off. When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds. That will initiate a bios reload and when done the normal reset procedure for windows 10 will continue.

Good luck!

Intern
Message 6 of 40 (21,563 Views)

Oh, and don't forget to install all the latest updates for this device from HP, they correct a lot of the problems people have like auto rotation and the start button not working.
Associate Professor
Message 7 of 40 (21,538 Views)

Hi mjrtoo2000, could you please clarify the "When off, press and hold power, volume +, and volume - for about 5 seconds." step? 

You cannot press volume + and volume - at the same time can you?  Thanks.

Intern
Message 8 of 40 (21,533 Views)

Well, yes you can, this procedure worked for me. I wouldn't make it up!

Use three fingers and press down together, that's about as much as I can clarify it.
Associate Professor
Message 9 of 40 (21,526 Views)

Yes, now that I tried it with the tablet off, it seems they both can be depressed at once, I will have to try that the next time I need it, thanks.

Honor Student
Message 10 of 40 (21,496 Views)

mjrtoo2000 wrote:
Successfully did an install of Windows 10, having strange issues and tried a device reset. Took quite some time to get to 100%, and after it rebooted it's stuck at a black screen with a blue box/white text asking to clear the TPM. I cannot make a selection, tapping on the yes or no selections does nothing, yes is currently highlighted in black.

I've tried power + volume up and power + volume down and it always powers up at the same screen.

I'm letting the battery run down now, but if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. Thanks!

It works as what your have described! 

Many thanks for sharing this info with us.. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation