Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
windows mixed reality headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have just brought the headset and controllers, on set up via the portal i get to the point where a system check is done . which is all green ticks, however i'm then promted to check my usb is plugged into a 3.0 superfast connection. i have two of the ports on my pc , both are working fine.( checked and double checked.) device manager shows that they are connected,but i can get it to work. the usb plug gets very hot also when inserted. my system is :  Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460  CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz   , Memory: 12288MB RAM. graphics geforce gtx1050 ti. the device managers show hololens sensors and headset plugged in but still no lights on in the headset. please help!!! i was so looking forward to this, now im a broken man.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@monkeyone64

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As the message describes you need to plug the device into a USB 3.0 port "insufficient USB speed : 2 "instead of what seems to be a USB 2.0 port, I request you to check the ports in use and make the necessary changes to make this work.

USB Ports1x available USB port for headset (USB 3.0 Type-A) Note: USB must supply a minimum of 900mA

Click here for more details.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@monkeyone64

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand you need help connecting your HP Windows Mixed reality headset to you device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure you have windows 10 creators update  or later?

Have you installed all relevant drivers and updates for it to work?

While you respond to that, here's all you need to know about its connection:

Before installing the HMD, prepare the computer by using the following steps:

1. Ensure you are using Windows 10 Creators Update or later for Windows Mixed Reality support.

For further information about system requirements, installation, and troubleshooting, see the Microsoft article, Install the tools.

For more information see the Microsoft article, Immersive headset support.

2. You need an administrator user account, and then you need to sign in with a Microsoft Managed Service account.

3. Check Windows System updates and install any drivers that need to be updated.

4. Enable full kernel mode dump.

5. Enable Developer mode from Settings > Update & Security > For Developers.

6. Enable full diagnostics from Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.

7. Copy MRValidationKit to the PC.

8. Reboot the system.

Connecting the HMD to the computer

Use the following steps to install the HMD:

1. Connect the HMD to the computer.

NOTE:

Plug in the USB first, and then plug in the HDMI.

The HMD display does not show on the Windows desktop.

NOTE:

If the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000 is not recognized or does not function when connected using an adapter, dongle, or hub, connect the headset directly to a USB or HDMI port on the computer, tablet, or other device being used to verify functionality of the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sorry for the late reply , I'm away from my pc for a couple of days. I will go through your solution when I'm back and let you know. Thanks
HP Recommended

unfortuanately i am not a developer so i would not know what to do with the install tools kit. i have however have installed windows 10 fallcreators update and updated all graphics and usb drivers. i am still met with the same result " check your usb cable " my device manager recognises the headset and hololenses and in propertises both have been driver update checked  and show working correctly. however on the mixed reality devices property setting it states " insuffiecient usb speed : 2 ". also the usb plug is getting very hot to touch. i have plug the headset into another pc and the same is happening. so appart from returning the headset back and getting a refund what else can i do ?

HP Recommended

@monkeyone64

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As the message describes you need to plug the device into a USB 3.0 port "insufficient USB speed : 2 "instead of what seems to be a USB 2.0 port, I request you to check the ports in use and make the necessary changes to make this work.

USB Ports1x available USB port for headset (USB 3.0 Type-A) Note: USB must supply a minimum of 900mA

Click here for more details.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have given up trying to sort this out, I have sent the headset back . Not what I was expecting when I bought it , you would think all these bugs and issues would have sorted before they were rolled out. Many thanks for trying to help , much appreciated.
HP Recommended

@monkeyone64

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand your concern and to let you know, every device is tested before it's rolled out,

however, since there are compatibility issues, I recommend you Contact HP to have the compatibility check done and if not have the part replaced.

That said, if you've already made up your mind on replacing it,

I'm glad you have the warranty in place to get that done.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please let me know or simply Contact HP:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.