Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-e016tx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
When i refreshed my pc after that wifi keeps turning off 4-5 times within a minute.
I updated wifi driver and also followed many options like wifi driver on high performance,unboxing power management option in driver property, Ping default gateway etc..but nothing changed...how can i fix it..?
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @zaka2,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the wireless connection keeps turning off frequently on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve the issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent software update or upgrade to Windows 10?

Have you tried to update the drivers on the PC either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Let's start off by uninstalling the Wireless drivers from Device manager: 

Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Network adapters>then select the wifi adapter listed and click on uninstall. Then check the box that says delete the software for this device.

Then restart the computer and upate the Bios, Chipset and Wi-Fi adapter drivers from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers  Please select the operating system the unit and follow the on-screen instructions to update it.

Most wireless devices can be configured to turn off power to reduce the power drain on the battery. This is usually not a problem when the notebook is connected to an AC power adapter. However, when operating on battery power, the adapter can be turned off to save power. To disable this power setting, do the following steps.

1. Click Start, enter device into the search field, and then select Device Manager from the list.
  2. Double-click Network Adapters to expand the list, right-click on the wireless (WiFi) adapter in the list, and then select Properties .
  3. On the properties window for the adapter, select the Power Management tab, and then de-select the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option.

Close the Device Manager, restart the notebook PC, and attempt to reconnect to the wireless network.

The best way to do that is using the HP Guided Troubleshooter:  

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern). 

Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here 

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Let me know how that pans out,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

the necro reply, but my issue was that the wifi button turned wifi on and off, but the Windows 10 button for wifi (onscreen) would auto-disable itself.  Uninstalling HP hotkeys seemed to fix it for me.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.