Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ScanPro 5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi All,

Can anybod tell me were I can get the list of drivers and hardware that HP ScanPro 5 supports?

I want to see which cameras and projectors it directly supports, and which ones it may be able to support by using generic drivers.

Thanx ...

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@cadman777

Please check the following site

http://www.david-3d.com/en/support/downloads

Probably you are looking at the following list

Universal USB camera driver for DAVID-CAM-1-M|C, DAVID-CAM-3-M, DAVID-CAM-3.1-M (SLS-2), and DAVID-CAM-4-M (SLS-3). Works on all Windows versions.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien,

Thanx for getting back to me.

The driver you linked me to is for the David software.

Where does it say it will work with the HP ScanPro software?

Thanx ... Chris

HP Recommended

Hi cadman777,

there is no actual list of supported cams and drivers. HP 3D Scanning software supports any camera with DirectX driver. Setup menu > setup type > custome structured light scanner. Your cam should be listed in camera setup. To get good scans you should be able to set exposure value to 60, so that your cam is synced with projector. If driver of your camera is not alowing that you will have lines in scans. To be 100% sure that the cam works well with the software you will have to test it.

Edit: typos 🙂

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Hi dr.,

Thanx for your answer.

It helps.

I'm learning this piece-by-piece.

Cheers ...

HP Recommended

Hi dr.,

Can you tell me if the frames-per-second need to be 60 Hz like the shutter speed (to match the projector)?
Thanx ... Chris

HP Recommended

Software will try to use max frame rate, if you have any problems you can limit FPS in setup menu.

It doesn´t have to be 60.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, thanx.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Back again on this subject.

OK, I got a ViewSonic PJD7583wi that had a bad chip, fixed it and now it works perfectly!

Combined that with a Logitech 9000 webcam.

Running HP ScanPro 5.5 on a Z-Book 17 G2.

Made my own calibration panels by pasting a laser printed paper w/150mm scale onto flat laminated panels almost perfectly 90° apart.

The projected image has been adjusted so it projects nearly true square on all corners, and it's aligned on the panels so the vertical centerline is vertical to the panel vertex vertical centerline.

The projector image is adjusted so the top and bottom patterns are nearly the same size, resolution and focus.

The cam is mounted at about 25° to the projector.

The cam image is centered on the projected image, but it isn't vertical w/the calibration panel vertical center line. It's off by about 20°. IS THIS A PROBLEM?

Right now I can't get this thing to calibrate. When I rotate the calibration panels a little right or left with respect to the camera, I find a "sweet-spot" where the software runs the calibration routine. But when it's done, it throws this error message: "ERROR - Projector calibration failed: Could not find a valid mapping between measured points and model parameters. "

1. Does the cam vertical centerline need to be perfectly vertical and aligned with the calibration panel vertex vertical centerline?

2. Does the cam max frame rate for the desired resolution need to match the fps in the software?

Thanx ... Chris

HP Recommended

Hi Chris,

what projector are you using?

The cam image is centered on the projected image, but it isn't vertical w/the calibration panel vertical center line. It's off by about 20°. IS THIS A PROBLEM?

That should not be a problem.

Does the cam max frame rate for the desired resolution need to match the fps in the software?

No.

Does the cam sees 6 circles on the calibration panel?

Can you make a picture of your setup?

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.