Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 5 (608 Views)
Accepted Solution

Curious about second camera for DAVID Version 5/HP ScanPro 5

Product Name: DAVID Version 5
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everybody! I already possess DAVID v4 and a DAVID Cam 3.1-M and I´m very intersted in purchasing version 5 of the software and trying it´s cool stereo mode out, but I´m not sure about which camera I should purchase and use as a second one. While I gathered that it´s preferable to use the same one as the first, but for a poor student like me, it wouldn´t be feasible in terms of my budget :D Besides that I couldn´t find answers on the forum. So I  wanted to ask for opinions and experiences, is it possible to get good scans using for example a Logitech Webcam as a second camera in stereo mode?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Curious about second camera for DAVID Version 5/HP ScanPro 5

Best precision you will get with 2x HP HD Cam Pro, those are the old DAVID 4 Cams.

View solution in context
Honor Student
Message 2 of 5 (597 Views)

To elaborate more on my situation: I´m currently doing a practical work in a medical engineering firm as a preparation for my bachelor thesis, so the current DAVID setup, that I´m using, was already here, as it was a result of another students work and my task right now is to find the less cost-effective solution for the second camera

Grad Student
Message 3 of 5 (577 Views)

Less cost-effective solution is hard to find. Pairing DAVID cam and logitech web cam for scanning can be counter productive. I doubt that logitech webcam will increase precision or quality of scans.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Honor Student
Message 4 of 5 (517 Views)

Thank you for your answer and sorry that I didn´t reply immediately, I couldn´t log in for some reason :D Anyhow I am currently thinking about purchasing alongside a 5th Version of the software either a second DAVID Cam-3.1-M or 2x DAVID-CAM-4´s. While I got that those cameras provide better resolution and are far faster thanks to USB 3.0, what interests me the most and would be the deciding factor for me is the scan precision. What combination of cameras would provide the best possible scan precision? Or is it the same in both combinations? Thank you very much! olegator
Grad Student
Message 5 of 5 (508 Views)

Best precision you will get with 2x HP HD Cam Pro, those are the old DAVID 4 Cams.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation