Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DAVID Version 5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everybody! I already possess DAVID v4 and a DAVID Cam 3.1-M and I´m very intersted in purchasing version 5 of the software and trying it´s cool stereo mode out, but I´m not sure about which camera I should purchase and use as a second one. While I gathered that it´s preferable to use the same one as the first, but for a poor student like me, it wouldn´t be feasible in terms of my budget 😄 Besides that I couldn´t find answers on the forum. So I  wanted to ask for opinions and experiences, is it possible to get good scans using for example a Logitech Webcam as a second camera in stereo mode?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Best precision you will get with 2x HP HD Cam Pro, those are the old DAVID 4 Cams.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To elaborate more on my situation: I´m currently doing a practical work in a medical engineering firm as a preparation for my bachelor thesis, so the current DAVID setup, that I´m using, was already here, as it was a result of another students work and my task right now is to find the less cost-effective solution for the second camera

HP Recommended

Less cost-effective solution is hard to find. Pairing DAVID cam and logitech web cam for scanning can be counter productive. I doubt that logitech webcam will increase precision or quality of scans.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you for your answer and sorry that I didn´t reply immediately, I couldn´t log in for some reason 😄 Anyhow I am currently thinking about purchasing alongside a 5th Version of the software either a second DAVID Cam-3.1-M or 2x DAVID-CAM-4´s. While I got that those cameras provide better resolution and are far faster thanks to USB 3.0, what interests me the most and would be the deciding factor for me is the scan precision. What combination of cameras would provide the best possible scan precision? Or is it the same in both combinations? Thank you very much! olegator
HP Recommended

Best precision you will get with 2x HP HD Cam Pro, those are the old DAVID 4 Cams.

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.