Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ScanPro 5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear All,

Would someone please help me get this scanner setup calibrated?

It keeps failing after going through its routine with the zebra lines and color screens.
Here's the error that comes up at the end:

"Projector Calibration Failed"

"Could not find a valid mapping between measured points and model mapping"

My setup:

- HP ScanPro 5 latest edition

- Logitec 9000 WebCam

- ViewSonic PJD7583wi Projector

- HP Z-Book 17 G2

- Tripod setup

- Camera @ approx. 20° angle

- Calibration panels printed on a laser printer, and mounted to custom 90° fixed panel setup made of 3/8" laminated fiberboard. This calibration panel is the 150mm dimension.

Other errors occurred at the beginning, but I read threads and did what they said, and finally got the system to run the calibration routine. But it still fails at the end.

Can someone tell me what to check?

Thanx! ... Chris

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Check the Keystone option, it should be off. Use projector in native resolution:1024x768.

6 circles in the mid of the calibration pattern should be clearly visible to the cam.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Thanx dr.,

I changed Keystone on the projector so it's more square. Should I leave it at default?

The whole calibration panel is clearly visible.

See pic here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/3D-Scanning/3d-Scanning-Drivers-List/td-p/6572863/highlight/false/page...

Thanx ...

HP Recommended

Did you watch the tutorial video on calibration and set up?

www.3dscanforum.org
HP Recommended

Yup.

I watched all of them, including others on the YouTube.

Why?

HP Recommended

Because the picture you posted in the other thread didn't look like you set up was correct.

www.3dscanforum.org
HP Recommended

What didn't look correct?

HP Recommended

Should look more like this.....

.jpg

www.3dscanforum.org
HP Recommended

I changed Keystone on the projector so it's more square. Should I leave it at default?

This is wrong, keystone should be off or 0 value.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

Thanx, I just did that.

It worked.

But rotating the cal panels are tricky.

Sometimes it trieS to calibrate in one rotation but fails.

So when it  gets turned the opposite direction, they do calibrate.

Why does that happen?

Teh only thing is, if I don't add white powder to every object, it has large parts missing.

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Is there a way to do scans w/out putting white on the surface and still get a good result?

Here's my setup:

007a.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.