Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have set up my Acer K132 projector as a second screen for use with the HP 3D Scan Software Pro v5.  The computer accepts the projector as a second screen without issue, but the HP software does not detect it.  See photos for clarification.  Usual troubeshooting options of power cycling, unplugging have already been attempted without success, as has making sure the desktop was set to 'Exended'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

IMG_20181212_115301.jpgIMG_20181212_115309.jpgIMG_20181212_115330.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you check if the graphics driver is up to date? Open Device Manager->Display Adapters, right click each adapter(s)->Properties->Driver tab->Update Driver->Search automatically. If that doesn't work, can you select Custom setup and choose the projector that way? Can you also show the Windows Settings for Display, the screen before your first screenshot?

- David

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 10 and my Acer David Scanner connected by HDMI is not showing up in the Windows Display. And not in the HP Scan software. The projector is showing No Signal. Any ideas?

HP Recommended

On the projector, select Menu button and make sure the output is set to HDMI.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I think it's the same as Win 8, even switch to HDMI didn't work.

HP Recommended

If Windows cannot detect the hardware, then it could possibly be connection related. Check different HDMI cables/ports and also graphics/HDMI drivers (make sure Windows is up to date).

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.