Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
DAVID 3D SCANNER
Microsoft Windows XP (64-bit)

HI

I'M SORT OF NEW TO SCANNING, CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN IN BASIC TERMS HOW I CAN GET MY SCANS TO BE "CORRECT" ACCORDING TO THE COORDINATE SYSTEM ? WHEN I BRING MY SCANS INTO SOLIDWORKS I SPEND ALOT OF TIME ADDING SKETCHES AND PLANES TO GET THINGS "NORMAL TOO". 

I HAVE SEEN OTHER PEOPLES SCANS AND THEY ARE ALIGNED PERFECT TO XYZ. 

PLEASE HELP ME

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Calibration panel determines coordinate system by calibration. Left panel is Z axe, right one is X axe and gap between is Y axe.In advanced settings it is possible to rotate coordinate system. If you know angle between camera and axes you can set your camera on 0 value in Z axe. This is not so easy to do, so mabye you can align your object with coordinate system in Solidworks: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/67724

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Calibration panel determines coordinate system by calibration. Left panel is Z axe, right one is X axe and gap between is Y axe.In advanced settings it is possible to rotate coordinate system. If you know angle between camera and axes you can set your camera on 0 value in Z axe. This is not so easy to do, so mabye you can align your object with coordinate system in Solidworks: https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/67724

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

THE SOLIDWORKS WAY IS BASICALLY WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING, BUT WANTED TO SEE IF THERE WAS A BETTER FASTER WAY IN DAVID SOFTWARE TO GET IT DIALED IN. 

THANK YOU

HP Recommended

I just got an idea, I am not sure will that work. Place your object parallel with the right panel. That should be your first scan and all other scans should be aligned on it. Then your object should be aligned with coordinate system in Solidworks when imported, I hope so.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Normally coordinate system is not considered when doing 3d scan. Because it is way too easier to align the scan in point cloud processing software, commercial one, geomagic wrap, open source offer, cloud compare. It is a must to align the point cloud or mesh before doing any further editing.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.