Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am glad to read that you managed to solve your problem. I was wondering if you could help me upload the downgrade package.

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

I agree that this is NOT "solved".  Solved would be current firmware updates that address this apparently very common issue with the microphones.  I'm on my second Voyager 6200, now just a few months old, always used in a clean environment to date.  Same issue.  I have an offer from Poly to send it back for a new one (require weeks without a headset), but I'm frustrated that the root failure mode is not getting fixed by Poly.  Feels like this is an aging model (which is AMAZING when it works!) that they simply don't want to support with a true fix. I'm also convinced it's a software thing.  Calibrate the mic? Sure. Revert to old firmware? Here's an idea Poly: issue a firmware release which fixes your issue.   

HP Recommended

I totally agree with you.
I downgraded the firmware but that didn't solve the problem with the microphone.

It got a little better, but I'm still disappointed in the quality of the microphone.

HP Recommended

Hi can someone on this thread send me the 604 version firmware? I want to see if downgrading will solve the problem. I have the same? 

Can someone reply or send private message to help?

Paul. 

HP Recommended

If anyone has the firmware downgrade, can you please send to me? I'm facing the same issue and have filed a case but with no response.

HP Recommended

I just found that my 6200 seemed to have got stuck in "mute mode". Mic wasn't working (sometimes there was very faint audio picked up), connected to a different computer, still not working. Hit the mute button on the left side. Mic still wasn't working. Hit Mute button again, mic started working. Connected back to original computer, all working ok. This was all while using the BT700 USB inserted into the different computers. Same symptoms existed while connected to my iphone, and it also works properly again. At least something to try....

HP Recommended

I am having similar issues on both of my devices. I've opened a support ticket and they are saying it is a hardware issue and they are looking at replacing my devices. I would rather attempt to downgrade my firmware, i am currently running 706 and would like to try 614. If someone could send me the firmware that would be greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

Facing this exact issue since 2020! Headset was replaced 4 times already, few weeks waiting time for every replacement, difficult for someone that works with it every day. Failed again last Monday, in contact with customer support they now tell me cannot replace it more that 4 times and more that 30 days since last replacement! According to the Portuguese law, there are no limits for replacing faulty products and every time I receive a replacement device it has new 2 years warranty! Should I just trash it and give up from Plantronics/Poly after 2 years of this painful experience? I would try the downgrade/upgrade but cannot find this firmware available to download, can someone help?

HP Recommended

I had the same issue. I raised a ticket and they gave me this old firmware update. For now I left the firmware at V614 and the microphone seams to work now. How this helps someone.

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing this.  I have the exact same problem.  Did they tell you how to apply the old firmware and use this file?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.