Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hoping for some assistance

Intel Bluetooth Driver is not functioning well when deploying the driver as an app via MDT Task Sequence.

I am running into issue when using MDT Lite Touch 2013. Even though I have been able to import this driver as an app the outcome is still not good.

I imported it as an app

I am using silent syntax "InstMultiPkg.exe" /silent

This installs as a mandatory application for model 840 G3.

I can verify the install is successful from my MDT log with return code 0.

Once 840 G3 does final restart, i log on, i verify in Device Manager and it says "Generic Bluetooth Adapter". I am not sure what I am missing. I am not sure if there is some dependency of installing some other HP application though I have tried this manually and it works just fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I extracted the files and run it as an msi, made an install.cmd with the command.

msiexec.exe /i "Intel Bluetooth.msi" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-

Use version 18.1.1508.0538 for our 840 G3 and have it as a package in my customsettings.ini

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I extracted the files and run it as an msi, made an install.cmd with the command.

msiexec.exe /i "Intel Bluetooth.msi" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-

Use version 18.1.1508.0538 for our 840 G3 and have it as a package in my customsettings.ini

HP Recommended

I've been dealing with this as well. There is little documentation on how to use the InstMultiPkg.exe properly. I believe it does not load the ini file automatically and it has to be intructed to read the ini. Something like:  "InstMultiPkg.exe InstMultiPkg.ini /silent". I've not gone too into this, rather than deal with that, I was able to run the package from HP with the /silent switch("sp74755.exe /silent") and it installs but there is that popup saying that "All installations completed, please refer to the log file for details!" every time and the deployment process halts until the ok button is clicked.

You can also try and do as the other person said, install the MSI directly but there are 2 packages. SFP and STP. SFP is for the Intel Wireless 82xx module and STP is for Intel Wireless 72xx module.

HP Recommended

Yes I ran in to the same problem when using the /silent switch, so I went with the MSI installation instead which works flawless.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue!

I will try the MSI method now, thanks.

After extracting, there are two folders, sfpWin7 and stpWin7. Which one did you use? What is the difference?

HP Recommended

As  SteveS83 wrote above, "SFP and STP. SFP is for the Intel Wireless 82xx module and STP is for Intel Wireless 72xx module."

Not sure if there's differrent bluetooth modules for different 840 G3 configurations but I use the SFP version.

HP Recommended

I re call being able to test this but this time around I downloaded new drivers from HP's website, extracted the .exe, used the msi within the SFTwin7\v64 folder. Error message appears:

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

I managed to find the log in the temp folder which had this info:

Action InstallOBEXService, location c:\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\, command: "C\program files (x86)\Intel\Bluetooth\obexrv.exe" -service.

Not having much luck at this point.

HP Recommended

I posted a reply in another thread about that issue. I'm having the same issue but ours is because of KB3161608. I've come across another post that mentioned KB3168965 had the same affect. If I remove KB3161608, the bluetooth driver installs fine. There are a few posts on the intel forums about this as well. If this is your problem, a fix will need to come from intel, and so far they have done nothing.

https://communities.intel.com/thread/104414

HP Recommended

Thanks SteveS83. I may have missed that post. You are right, uninstalling that KB did the trick. Unfortunately that KB has been installed in few of our images so I'll have to update the images for now.

The installation worked OK after the KB you mentioned was removed.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post.

HP Recommended

I am still having issues with this. Using SCCM 2007 in an OSD. Trying to install this for an 820 G3, using command msiexec.exe /i "sfpwin7\vs32\Intel Bluetooth.msi" REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qn

The task sequence errors and all I can see in the logs are:

Installation failed with error (0x80070643)

Install Software failed, hr=0x80070643

Failed to run the last action: Install Bluetooth Intel 18.1.1508.534. Execution of task sequence failed.
Fatal error during installation. (Error: 80070643; Source: Windows)

If at that stage with the error still on screen, I hit F8 and type the same command in, it installs okay and checking devmgmt shows its installed the drivers okay.

I don't get what is happening here to make it fail. I read a couple of issues some people had with this, one is to remove KB3168965 which I have tried (but still works if I F8 and type manually) and the other is to set the program to use a drive letter rather than UNC. Neither of these worked.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.