Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 745 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am doing a fresh install of Windows 10 on my HP Elitebook 745 G3. I cannot install Windows 10 because there is an error coming up at install which says, "A media driver for your computer is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard drive driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or a USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now."

So i went to the HP drivers for my specific computer and downloaded the media drivers (.exe) and bios update and burned them onto a CD/DVD. When i tried to insert the disk to move the .exe files onto my computer from the install window, i cannot open the dvd/cd file from the box. How can i install these (.exe) from this window? I have already performed a hard reset. 

Can someone please help me with this?

20200627_194612 - Edited.jpg

On a side note, I am also not able to use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool even though the HP Elitebook 745 G3 is listed as eligible for a system image download. When i use the tool on a different Windows 10 computer, i get the error that the Product ID is invalid, when it is the correct Product ID. I would really like to be able to use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool to re-image my laptop. If someone could help me with this, i would really appreciate it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

use the HP Cloud Recovery tool, when asked, enter the S/N of your 745 g3 laptop, and select the OS for that laptop... that should work

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.