Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP and community,

I've read about this problem on internet and didn't find a solution for my case.

In fact all the solutions provided require a boot with a USB stick, which I cannot select.

What happened with my 9470m is that I've switched temporarily to my old SSD for backing up windows, as soon as I booted this error appeared:

photo5765073243974251619.jpg

Fact is that to boot from USB/HD/SSD or to enter the BIOS system is asking for a PW, which I believe is a manufacturer password, because I didn't have any password on this laptop and there's not username to type either.

I have all the information required that are missing from the board, since I took a photo some time ago of bios information.

Is there a way to solve this at home and not sending it to HP ?

This PC is also registered in my HP account since ages, so I'm not doing anything illegal.

Many thanks

9470m-2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Didn't get any support nor replies from this community.

So I decided to dump the bios and remove the lock.

You can find more info on badcaps.net forum 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I don't have any bitlocker password associated to my account.

And the new SSD is not associated with any account at all. 😕

HP Recommended

Contacted HP support and they can't provide any solution even with paid support because the laptop is too old.

Only way is too change the motherboard.

Is there any way to unlock it?

I tried on this link https://bios-pw.org/ with my serial number. But it doesn't work

I don't think it's even a bitlocker pw as I don't have any 

HP Recommended

Didn't get any support nor replies from this community.

So I decided to dump the bios and remove the lock.

You can find more info on badcaps.net forum 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.