Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBOOK 15u G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

BIOS signature verification failedBIOS signature verification failedBIOS update is in progressBIOS update is in progressProtected by HP Sure StartProtected by HP Sure Start

System BIOS update from version 1.25 to 1.27 fails, because BIOS signature verification failed. Pressed OK. But final step of System BIOS update final step  keeps coming up  (it triggers a restart and then the screen shows  again System BIOS update)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have contacted HP Customer Support. 

Customer support advised the following to stop the BIOS update process: press the power button.

Then I removed the laptop from the docking station and connected the power adapter.

The instruction was then:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  2. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys for 40 to 50 seconds.

Nothing happened. I did the same 2 steps with the V key instead of the B key. Also to no avail.

Next, the instruction was to disconnect the power adapter, then press the power button and the mute key for 15 seconds.

That helped to get electric charge from the laptop.

After pressing the power button, the laptop booted up and worked again (with v1.25 of the BIOS).

Norton 360 was next deactivated for 15 minutes.

The customer support downloaded from hp.com/123 v1.27 of the BIOS and installed this version.

The problem is caused by Norton 360 that could not verify the signature of the BIOS update. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Is the system BIOS corrupted or is the system BIOS update process in error?

It is possible to stop the system BIOS update process without making my laptop non functional?

HP Recommended

I have contacted HP Customer Support. 

Customer support advised the following to stop the BIOS update process: press the power button.

Then I removed the laptop from the docking station and connected the power adapter.

The instruction was then:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
  2. Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys for 40 to 50 seconds.

Nothing happened. I did the same 2 steps with the V key instead of the B key. Also to no avail.

Next, the instruction was to disconnect the power adapter, then press the power button and the mute key for 15 seconds.

That helped to get electric charge from the laptop.

After pressing the power button, the laptop booted up and worked again (with v1.25 of the BIOS).

Norton 360 was next deactivated for 15 minutes.

The customer support downloaded from hp.com/123 v1.27 of the BIOS and installed this version.

The problem is caused by Norton 360 that could not verify the signature of the BIOS update. 

HP Recommended

hp.com/123 is used for remote assistance by hp customer support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.