Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Unfortunately "System Configuration" doesn't exist in my BIOS.

My menu only shows: Main, Security, Advanced and UEFI Drivers.

Last week I upgraded to the latest System BIOS P78 Version 1.14 from January 22, 2018, which also doesn't show any battery option.

HP Recommended

Same comment for myself for an elitebook x360 g2. 

I have downloaded the latest windows update and bios version. No option is available in the bios to activate the time remaining feature. 

Did you find a solution ? 

Thanks 

Patrice
HP Recommended

Again same issue. Brand new HP EliteBook x360 1040 G5. No option in the BIOS to enable this. Can someone at HP fix this issue.

Also doesn't work on a clients HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3.

HP Recommended

The 1809 release of Windows 10 removed this feature.  Here is an article that you can read that might help you enable the feature.  The article explains why Microsoft removed the feature.  The time available calculation was an esimate of battery time remaining and could constantly fluctuate depending on what operations (WWAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Screen Brightness, etc.) were being done on the notebook.

https://www.howtogeek.com/405868/how-to-enable-remaining-battery-time-in-windows-10/

Please keep in mind you will need to edit the registry which is not advised.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

@Joel_R wrote:

The 1809 release of Windows 10 removed this feature.  Here is an article that you can read that might help you enable the feature.  The article explains why Microsoft removed the feature.  The time available calculation was an esimate of battery time remaining and could constantly fluctuate depending on what operations (WWAN, WLAN, Bluetooth, Screen Brightness, etc.) were being done on the notebook.

https://www.howtogeek.com/405868/how-to-enable-remaining-battery-time-in-windows-10/

Please keep in mind you will need to edit the registry which is not advised.

Joel

Thanks but already checked that. My registry has the required entry and is lacking the ones that disable it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.