Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBOOK STUDIO X360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I just receive my new HP Zbook studio x360 G5 last week, i love it! Fast and perfect for photo editing but i have 2 problems.

1) Battery drain like hell, even with low light and battery economy...

2) Computer is hot just 10 minutes after boot..I get 55c for the CPU when doing nothing and fans do not start...  Fans start only with a stress test.. 

Could you help me?

Thanks you,

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

anyone to help me ?

CPU in idle : 50-55 celcius

CPU usage : 4%

FAN : 0 rpm

The chassis of the laptop is so hot and not comfortable to work with..

Thanks you!

HP Recommended

Hi,

many problems on this machine is solved by updating BIOS and drivers

I suggest to use HP Softpaq to update all.

(often is win10 update in background that is pushing the CPU to 4.2ghz, check if win10 is all updated)

P.S. ZBook are normal that chassis is becoming hot, is a very powerful machine into a so little space, the chassis is done in a material that have to conduct the heat outside, so it becomes easily hot. Keep always clean this machine especially the fans that push out air laterally 🙂

Bye

HP Recommended

Hi,

thanks you for the answer.

my bios is up to date and windows update is not running in background.

My question is why fans are not running with a temp of 55c on battery ? 

When plugged to AC adapter, fans runs correctly at 2400 rpm so the computer has 35-40c in idle, that’s better for the components and better to work with. Is there a way to force the fans ? Didn’t find this in the bios..

also, the battery life is not good..  but i can’t change anything, even with economy mode i get 4h-5h, maybe this i7 9750H need a lot of power..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.